Friday, March 2, 2012

Life Is Sweet ~ Please Take ATreat

Creating a candy buffet, dessert buffet, pie table or adding plates of cupcakes are some fun additions to give your guests something to remember.  I would love to tell you that I have "a favorite", but the truth is, I love all of these ideas!! 



Here are some ideas for your buffet:

1.   Follow through with your color scheme if you choose. 
2.   Go monochromatic for a dramatic effect
3.   Use all chocolate candies or multiple flavors, shapes and sizes
4.   Dress your candy buffet area up.  Add flowers, paper pom-poms, ribbon, signs, or elegant table covers.
5.   Make your buffet whimsical, elegant, simple or elaborate
6.   Use your candy buffet as the "favor" for your guests.  Have some nice bags {or lunch bags dressed up with a personalized label} for everyone to fill up and take home.
7.   Make sure you have scoops for your candies.  You don't want hands all over everything.
8.   Use boxes under the jars to add dimension to your table.
9.   Label your candy jars with some fun names, fun shaped labels and ribbon.
10. If your buffet will be against a wall, put up a backdrop of sorts to make it a focal point.


Here are some of my favorite inspirational pictures of the ever popular Candy Buffet.  mmm...

This is a beautiful scoop from the David Tutera collection at www.koyalwholesale.com











Did you have a candy buffet at your wedding? Let us know what you included.  

3 comments:

  1. Sweets buffets are my absolute favorite thing to do. I've done several of them. I love to include desserts, candy and sometimes a beverage. The planning stage is so much fun. I love pulling together all the elements from the printables, to the serving pieces. Typically I have cookies, either homemade or gilded, cake truffles, a large cake for the centerpiece and candy. The most challenging part for me is the backdrop. I wish I could do at least one table a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely and yummy :)
    i did my daughters birthday this way 2 weekends ago nut I m still busy editing the photos

    hugs
    Betty Bake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Fab ideas too!

    ReplyDelete